Apple has had a drubbing over its Maps debacle and rightly so. However, the media perception that Apple never shipped poor products during the Jobs era is laughable and revisionist.
A list of things that Steve would ‘never’ have done:
- A cube-shaped computer with dodgy plastic and little expandability that cost too much. Looked great, sold like a dog
- The iPod hi fi. It took Ive almost a minute to design this. He rushed it
- iPhone 4 antenna. The closest the ‘form over factor’ drones have got to the truth even though it wasn’t really that much of a problem
- iMac G5. The ugliest Mac ever, bar none. I know, I had one. I was almost relieved when it vanished in a burglary
- .Mac. Mildly crap, but a precursor for…
- MobileMe. “So why the fuck doesn’t it do that?”
- Ping. Ponged.
- The fat iPod Nano. Come on… Continue reading